BC Notaries are governed by THE NOTARIES ACT OF BC and the discipline of their professional society. Today, the position of Notary as a member of one of the branches of the legal profession is sanctioned and safeguarded by law.

Below is a list some of the notarial services we provide:

  • Affidavits for All Documents required at a Public Registry within BC
  • Authorization of Minor Child Travel
  • Certified True Copies of Documents
  • Insurance Loss Declarations
  • Letters of Invitation for Foreign Travel
  • Notarizations/Attestations of Signatures
  • Statutory Declarations


Travel Documents:

 These are documents required by border and other authorities that identify a traveling minor, granting permission by the minor’s non-accompanying parent(s) to travel with an accompanying parent and/or other adult. For instance, the non-accompanying father of a minor may grant permission for the minor to travel while accompanied by his/her mother. This document serves notice to the authorities the minor’s parents are aware of the circumstance. The non-accompanying parent(s) will sign the document in the presence of a Notary confirming their agreement.


is a statement of written facts sworn under an oath before a Commissioner of Oaths in British Columbia or a Notary Public. After an Affidavit is sworn, it is admissible into Court as evidence. Our office can prepare the affidavit for you or just notarize a prepared document. The affidavit must be made in person by the deponent (person making the oath).


Statutory Declaration: 

is a legal document defined under the law of certain Commonwealth countries like Canada. Statutory declarations are commonly used to allow a person to affirm something to be true for the purposes of satisfying some legal requirement or regulation when no other evidence is available. They are thus similar to affidavits (which are made on oath). Statutory declarations include declarations of identity, marital status, intention to change name, statements of originality for patent applications, etc. They are usually made using some government or government agency form.


Certified True Copies:

Our office Legal Services In Pitt Meadows can provide you with a certified true copy of a document. When you arrive for your appointment, you will need to bring the original document with you. There is no need to photocopy the document in advance.

What should I bring?

For a Notarization, bring all documents you may think appropriate and TWO pieces of Identification-one MUST be photo id such as a Driver’s licence or Passport.

Get answers and advice

Our goal is to answer all your questions in a timely manner.